CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Book Club: The World According to Garp


this month we read and discussed the World According to Garp by John Irving.  I did finish the book, but it was touch and go for awhile.  It is a pretty long book.  


I have read other books by John Irving and really enjoyed them so I was looking forward to this book.  I really enjoyed A Prayer for Owen Meany.  


However, when it came to Garp I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters.  I am not sure that in the end I really liked any of the characters that much.  Don’t get me wrong they are very interesting characters, and it is an interesting story.  But not my favorite John Irving novel. 

The discussion was good.  The story had many interesting turns and characters to talk about.  I think some of the ladies really loved it and others ended up where I was… lack luster about Garp. 

I am really looking forward to the next book… The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment