CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Friday! There is no fill in the blank today so I thought I would do a Friday book review.

The Game of Thrones
One of my book clubs reads book series. We have started a new series, A song of Ice and Fire, by George R. R. Martin, aka The Game of Thrones series (HBO has created a TV series by this name). These are large books, 800 pages plus, with a lot of characters. It took me about 150 pages to understand all the characters, but then I got really into the story.


It is a fantasy story rich with character. Martin has created a world, not unlike ours, but full of new and old magic, mystery, and twists to keep you guessing. One thing I really enjoy about this author is his willingness to do things that most are not, including killing off a main character. It intrigues me to keep reading. There are currently 5 books in the series, it is supposed to cap at 7 books.


I will be starting the second book soon, A Clash of Kings. What are you reading now?



0 comments:

Post a Comment