CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cream Cheese Spread

When I started working I quickly realized I was unable to eat before I leave the house and make it to work on time.  I took the adult view that it was more important to be on time to work.  Especially since I can eat my breakfast at my desk while I climb through the rugged terrain of new emails.  The unfortunate side effect is that I end up eating the same toast with peanut butter everyday.  As much as I love peanut butter toast I  need something to liven up my weekday breakfast routine.

The idea for this homemade cream cheese spread came from healthytippingpoint.com, one of my favorite recipe blogs.  I used fat free cream cheese, honey, and craisins.


To be exact one the ingredients:
8 oz. fat free cream cheese @ 210 calories
1/3 cup craisins @ 130 calories
1 tbl honey @ 45 calories

That makes the new concoction 7 servings of 2 tablespoons @ 55 calories a serving


Then I spread it on a toasted bagel thin @ 110 calories


I will now be able to alternate this sweet creamy fruit mix on a bagel thin with peanut butter toast... its a start!  The idea came from homemade veggie cream cheese.  What would you mix with cream cheese?

2 comments:

Anonymous

This looks like a yummy, simple recipe that I cannot wait to try. I think using dried strawberries sounds really good. Great Post.
Lisa Drake

Beth @ AttemptBalance

Lisa,
Thanks for the idea of Strawberries, that sounds great!
Beth

Post a Comment