CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dinner for One

Last night Bond had a meeting so I was on my own for dinner.  I briefly considered cooking a meal, but it seems like so much more work when I know I will be eating it alone.  Then the rolodex of my brain started to go through all the wonderful food I could pick up, slathered with butter and smothered with cheese.  After the drool subsided and I remember those scrumptious delicacies are not healthy or low calorie and that I am attempting to stick to my maintenance diet (more on that later) I rethink my options.    

I go with my recent solution to dining at home solo, my new obsession, Flatouts.  I found them in the bakery section with the pita bread at the grocery store.  At first I did not care for them.  I made a wrap sandwich with one and thought it was bland with a grainy consistency.  Then I tried making a flatout pizza.  Now flatouts are a staple grocery item at my house. 



Last night I made a veggie pizza using some fresh green bell peppers.

Ingredients (1 serving):
1 Italian herb flatout
¼ cup Bertolli marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella, part skim low moisture
1 tbl extra virgin olive oil
¼ green bell pepper, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°.  Brush the tablespoon of olive oil evenly on both sides of flatout.  Place oiled flatout directly on oven rack for 5 minutes. (tip: try to get the edges lined up with the grills so it does not curve too much as it cooks).  Remove the flatout and spread on sauce, cheese and topping as desired.  Place loaded flatout directly on oven rack for 5 more minutes. Time to eat! 




Having the basic ingredients on hand for this recipe have prevented me from splurging on fast food at times when I am eating alone, busy, or just tired.  Mainly because it’s so quick and easy, and oh so delicious!    

Have you tried flatouts yet or something similar?  Any recommendations for toppings?  

1 comments:

Anonymous

Yum! I've used the wheat Boboli pizza crusts before which are good - but not quite my favorite.

Post a Comment