CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Picante Chicken

It has been a long time since my last post, but with good reason! My little sister graduated from Loyola in Chicago. So Bond and I made the trip. We love visiting Chicago, but this was not our normal trip. I actually drove up on Wednesday in my old car, a ford focus. I gave the car to my sister as her graduation gift. My mom and mother-in-law road with me, making it was a nice little girls road trip. Bond, his dad, and 2 buddies flew up and met us on Friday.

It was a busy weekend! One road trip, a graduation, two Cubs vs Giants baseball games, a late night movie, drinks, and a lot of eating later I had a great time, and no energy. By the time I flew home Sunday all I wanted was a nap!

I usually do my weekly shopping as part of my Sunday routine, but when I finally got home I was completely unmotivated so I relied on a staple recipe. After a full day at the office on Monday I did get myself together to grocery shop. This was mostly due to the great new cookbook my sister gave me in Chicago.





So here is the first recipe I used, with a few modifications of course...




Ingredients
1 lb chicken tenders cut in bite sized pieces
12 oz whole wheat egg noodles
1 cup picante sauce
1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
1/3 cup of water
1 tsp ground cumin
Makes 4 servings @ 415 calories per serving

Directions
Cook egg noodles according to package directions minus salt, oil, or butter
Heat a medium sauce pan with cooking spray on medium high heat.  Add the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.  Then add the picante sauce, roasted red peppers, water, and cumin.  Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heath to low-medium for about 10 minutes.  Sauce will thicken (but not a lot).  Then serve over pasta.

Bond's portion is below...




I added a little over 1/2 oz. of grated cheddar jack cheese to my portion.  This added about 65 calories to my total, but was so worth it!





How do you get inspired to try new recipes?  Cookbooks, internet, blogs??

- Posted using my iPad 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment