CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Staple Food

I have some foods that are always in my house. These are my staple foods that I can always go to for a favorite quick and easy meal. One of my staple foods is chicken asiago spinach sausage. I discovered them at Sam's, which I love (more on that later). These sausages are also healthy at 110 calories, 4.5g fat, and 15g of protein.

You can put them just about any dish and they are delicious. They ate also great alone on the grill.





My favorite thing to do is slice up a package of 5 links and cook them in a skillet. I cook a box of whole wheat spaghetti and a can of quartered artichoke hearts.









Then mix them all together.




Nutrition/diet info:
Whole wheat spaghetti 1 cup @ 190 calories
Chicken sausage 1 link @ 110 calories
Artichoke hearts 1/4 cup @ 18 calories

Bond likes to add salsa to his, while I add 2-3 teaspoons of grated parmesan. This makes about 5-6 servings depending on your serving size. Since it's just Bond and I, the leftovers are great for lunches!





What is a staple food in you house?

- Posted using my iPad 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment