CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Decorations

I love Halloween.  It is one of my favorite holidays.  It helps that my birthday is November 1st, but the main reason is I will use any excuse to dress up!  Bond and I have an annual Halloween Birthday Bash the weekend of or before Halloween.  Costumes are a requirement.  A few unlucky people have shown up without one in the past, the punishment… I put a costume on them at the door.  I have a trunk of costumes I have collected over the years and I selected one, or parts of several, and you are stuck wearing it the rest of the party. 

This year Bond and I are going as ‘Mad Men’.  He will be decked out as Don Draper, and I will be the early 60’s house wife, dressed for a night on the town of course!  

I have been am decorating for Halloween and the party this week.  I decided to try a new decoration that is the combination of two things I found on Pinterest.  Here’s what you need…

Pumpkins  (I needed 3)

Thumb tacks in the color of your choice (I used red and white, Boomer Sooner!)


First, I stacked the pumpkins.  It is important to make sure they are stacked sturdy and with a good surface facing out on each.  Then using a pencil trace the letters onto each pumpkin.  They don’t have to be perfect.  I made several adjustments along the way.  Start to place the tacks along the lines and correct the shapes as you go. 


Then I took them to the front porch, restacked, and decorated with cob webs. 



What is your favorite Halloween decoration?

0 comments:

Post a Comment