CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cedar Plank Salmon

Salmon is one of my favorite fish.  I am always looking for new recipes or way to cook it.  So when some friends gave use cedar planks for our grill I started with salmon recipes!  Never having used wood planks on the grill I went with simple.

Prep
I soaked the planks for about 2 1/2 hours then rubbed one side with extra virgin olive oil so the salmon would not stick.
I thawed 4 salmon fillets.  After I rinsed and dried them, I sprinkled on a light covering of cumin, dill weed, and onion powder.
I rinsed and trimmed fresh asparagus.  Then I placed it in a shallow dish and sprinkled a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil, a good amount of balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper over it to marinate.  I let it sit about 45 minutes in the mix.

Bond is the grill master. No matter how many times Bond shows me how to start the gas grill, or fire place for that matter, I can't seem to remember the instructions. Since I am always worried that I will burn the house down i stay away from the grill. Back to the recipe, Bond placed the 4 planks on the grill and closed the lid for about 5 minutes.  This gets them warm and smoking.  He then placed the asparagus on two planks and salmon on two planks.  The asparagus takes about 10 minutes longer than the salmon.

I served with rice.

It was delicious and health.
Salmon fillet @ 100 calories each
Asparagus @ 27 calories for 1 cup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil @ 126 (

0 comments:

Post a Comment