CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dark Circles No More

Let me start by confessing I am not a make-up person. I remember I had to get mascara for my high school dance team. We all wore the same make-up as part of our uniform but everyone had to bring their own mascara and I didn't own any. I never really wore make-up until college. Even then it was usually to go out, I would borrow my roommates make-up and have her apply it to prevent myself from looking like a clown. I am not against make-up, I just never got into it so I never learned how to use it.


As an intern during law school I realized I looked so young to the clients they could not take me seriously as a lawyer.  I know... I know... we all want to look younger, but we don’t want to look incompetent. So I started wearing make-up and it did help.  Unfortunately for me I never learned how to pick my colors, choose brushes, or apply the stuff.  My sister who is 6 years my junior has been teaching me ever since.

That brings me to the present, 28 years old, married, attorney, who can barely apply eye liner.  As I begin to explore the complex and completely overwhelming world of cosmetics I am always looking for advice. I find blogs to be a great resource.  My latest find was on http://domestiquette.blogspot.com.
The product is Benefit Erase Paste. 



After reading about it I Googled where it was available in my area…Sophora, one of the scariest places to a cosmetic new comer.  I ended up getting the paste and a brush.  I have no clue if it is the right one, but it was recommended and seemed to work.  



At first I was worried about the price.  Can it really be that great?  But the size is deceiving.   The jar is small, but you do not use very much.   This is what I use for both eyes...
                                    

Once I got home I was not disappointed.  This brightener does a great job!  I have been applying it under my eye, the inside corner of my eye, lightly on the lid, and a bit on the sides of my nose.

Before...

Paste applied to both eyes...


                                   
What do you think? Are you a cosmetic junkie or newcomer?  Any good finds lately?  


- Posted using my iPad 2

2 comments:

Anonymous

I'm the same way! I hate wearing make up - it makes my eyes water. BUT I like it because it makes me look a little older. I lovelove that paste - I think I'll try it!

LauraKay

look at my little make-up guru! All grown up :-P

Post a Comment