CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Eat Pray Love

I recently finished Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I had put off reading it because it was so popular. My mother-in-law loaned me her copy. She had loved the book and even thought the movie was pretty good. I normally do not have time to read much between my 2 book clubs so I added it to the ever growing stack of books I will read one day. Then I found myself with 3 weeks before my next book club meeting and nothing to read. So I picked it up.




Once I started reading it I couldn't get enough. The book chronicles a year of the author as she travels through Italy, India, and Indonesia on a quest to find balance. The journey of discovery is wonderfully written as a conversation between friends. I found myself marking pages and passages to discuss, then realized I was not reading it for book club. But I kept marking pages, there was so much I wanted to discuss. The author takes on love, relationships, religion, travel, food, yoga, and more in a way that opens a discussion about the topic with the reader, but does not impose a viewpoint.

My only criticism of the book is how hungry I got reading it, especially when she is in Italy. Other than that I can do nothing but recommend you pick it up immediately if you haven't already.

I have plans to discuss this book with some friends who have already read it, over Italian food and a bottle of wine. I also plan to watch the movie.

Have you read Eat Pray Love? If so do you have any recommendation for discussion topics? Stay tuned for discussion details.


- Posted using my iPad 2

1 comments:

Emily

Okay, I'm getting it right after I finish Uncle Tom's Cabin. Good next book after that, because Uncle Tom's Cabin opens up all sorts of thoughts/questions/comments on religion. Thanks for the recommendation.

Post a Comment