CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter...

Bond and I were so lucky to get tickets to an early screening of the final installment of the Harry Potter movies.  We saw it at 6 p.m. today, Thursday, evening.  It was, like all things Harry Potter... amazing!

Afterwards I came home and hopped on ichat with one of my sisters, currently living in England.  She and her husband saw the movie when it opened at midnight, so we saw it at the same time (cool right!)  We talked about all our favorite parts of the movie and book, what they left out and added new, and she pointed me to an article posted on HuffingtonPost.com, Harry Potter and the Loss of My Adolescence by Meghan Overdeep.  This article does a wonderful job of summing up the feelings I have been having as the Harry Potter series comes to a close.   Especially the very last sentence, because as is true of any great book, the Harry Potter series has the power to truly transport you.

I have moved from adolescence into young adulthood.  But as I contemplate this article, look to the future, and of sharing the magic with my children, I realize that growing up and finding your place in the world never really ends. So the guidance and wisdom gained through the wonderful world of Harry Potter will never really end, only change as I change.  "And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure" (Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince).

0 comments:

Post a Comment