CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, July 18, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette

Eye make-up has always been a bit scary.  I had little experience with make-up prior to graduating from law school so purchasing and applying eye make-up was definitely intimidating.  I felt like most of the time I bought the wrong colors, had the wrong brushes, and ended up looking like I was playing dress up.

When I found a blog post about this make up with a link to an online tutorial my first thought was finally eye shadow that does not scare me.  The colors are neutral enough that anyone can wear them without being boring.  Most importantly anyone can apply them without a lot of practice. 

The price is a bit high, especially for someone that doesn’t know what they are doing so I watched several more tutorials online before I committed.  The tutorials convinced me that my brushes could do the job eliminating that additional expense, and that this palette of eye shadow was diverse enough to become the only thing I use. 


I purchased the palette at Ulta for about $50, and it has become the only eye shadow I use, especially for work.  There are matte shades and shades with a bit of shimmer, but all are appropriate for daytime wear.


I have a couple of favorite tutorials that I think helped me experiment with the palette and different color combinations.  The biggest difference in the tutorials was my palette came with a brush instead of the double ended eye liner, so when the tutorials reference the eye liner, I use the ones I already had which are Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner in spice (brown) and cosmic black (black).  I like it Neutrogena’s brand because it does not irritate my eyes.




My favorite thing about using the Urban Decay Naked palette is that I can do a day look or a night look without any other eye shadow.  It’s also simple to take a day look to night without taking off my make-up and starting over.   


Here are links to some of my favorite tutorials...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FAXgLkto4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDAMdFT4AFI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbLSuhOvliw&feature=related

Have you tried this palette? What is your go to favorite eye make-up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment