CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Waffle Recipe


I spent some time recently wandering around Half Price Books, my favorite used books store.  I made a great find with this new cook book...



It has some really great and healthy recipes.  It also has really great tips and instructions for how to prepare various ingredients.  I woke up early on Saturday and decided to make waffles and try this new recipe:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs canola oil
3 tbs unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
4 egg whites

Changes:
I didn't have any buttermilk so I substituted plain nonfat yogurt.  Also I used whole wheat flour and sunflower oil.


First, turn on the waffle iron so it is ready when the batter is made.  The combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl.


In a small bowl combine the oil, applesauce, yogurt, and egg whites.  


Pour the oil mixture into the flour mixture and stir until blended.  


Then pour desired amount onto waffle iron.  Using about 1/2 to 3/4 cup it makes about 5 full waffles on my iron.  This comes out to 225 calories per waffle.  


Since I woke up before Bond and let him sleep in, I wanted to surprise him with breakfast in bed.  Unfortunately he woke up just as I was getting the newspaper for him.  So instead he enjoyed his waffle in his favorite leather chair.


Do you have a great healthy breakfast recipe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment