CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dill Salmon

Bond and I eat a lot of fish.  Mostly I use frozen tilapia and salmon.  They still taste great after thawing, and a bonus is they thaw so fast I don't have to plan ahead for dinner.  A while back I came across the following recipe....

Dill Salmon:
1 pound salmon fillets
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp onion powder
2 tbl butter

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Rinse salmon, and arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle salt, pepper, onion powder, and dill over the fish. Place pieces of butter evenly over the fish.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
(This makes 4 servings at 262 calories, 18.1 g fat, and 82 mg Cholesterol)

I have made this recipe in two variations.  First, when I use Salmon, my favorite, I leave out the butter entirely.  Instead I spay the fish with Pam before putting on the spices and just bake.  This lowers it to 4 servings at 237 Calories, 14 g fat, and 71 mg cholesterol.


My second variation is what I made tonight.  I substituted the Salmon for Tilapia.   


Also, I only use 1 tbl of butter. 







It only took about 15 minutes to bake at 400°.  This made 4 servings at 123 calories, 3.9 g fat, and 63 mg cholesterol.  


I served tonight with whole wheat rotini pasta, serving size 1 cup at 210 calories, 105 g fat, and no cholesterol, and a vegetable.  Tonight was fresh green beans, steamed and topped with lemon juice, cumin, and onion powder. 


I added a few teaspoons of parmesan cheese to mine...


Do you eat fish often and if so what is your favorite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment