CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sweet Potato Enchiladas

Bond and I enjoy hosting friends and family.  We recently had a small dinner party, 8 people and one of our guests was a vegetarian.   Most of my recipes have meat so I searched recipe websites, books, and some of my favorite blogs for a recipe.   I found the winning recipe on www.HealthyTippingPoint.com, one of my favorite blogs.  I made a few small changes for my own personal likes and it was a big hit, everyone wanted the recipe so here it is...

Ingredients and Nutrition info:
4 cups cubed sweet potatoes @ 180 calories per cup
Black beans rinsed and drained 1/2 cup @ 105 calories
Pinto beans rinsed and drained 1/2 cup @ 80 calories
Fresh baby spinach about 1/2 cup per tortilla @ 10 calories
1 jar salsa verde (1 tablespoon @ 5 calories)
5 large whole wheat tortillas @ 200 calories each

Serves 5 enchiladas @ about 450 calories (3/4 cup potato, 1/4 cup of each bean, 1 tortilla, about 3 tablespoons salsa, and 1/2 cup spinach)




Boil the cubed sweet potato for about 15 minutes or until tender.  Then drain and place in food processor.  Process until smooth.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.



Put about 1/5 of the sweet potatoes into a tortilla and top with desired amount of black and pinto beans, and spinach.  Roll the tortilla and place in to pan.  Repeat until pan is full (should hold about 5 enchiladas).  Top the pan with the jar of salsa verde and bake in oven for 15 minutes.   Remove and serve with any desired toppings.  I like to add an ounce or two of shredded cheese and 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream.



Bond takes his with extra salsa.



The original recipe I found processed spinach and pinto beans with the potatoes.  I added black beans and decided not to process them.  What would you add?

0 comments:

Post a Comment