CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Couscous with Beans and Veggies

I usually have a go to ingredient that I use over and over.  It changes every once in a while when I find something new.  Right now my ingredient of choice is Tri Color Couscous. It’s infused with spinach and tomato, plus it is really pretty with the three colors. 


So when I needed to throw something together  for dinner that was quick and easy I went for my main ingredient and built around it.  Here is what I came up with…

Ingredients
1 - 2 cups Couscous
Baby Spinach
Diced Garlic to taste
1 ½  tablespoon extra virgin olive oil/divided
Splash of lemon juice
1 can Black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tomato


Make couscous according to directions.  I made a lot of couscous because it’s great to have for lunches during the week.  2 cups of couscous makes about 4 cups fixed.  I put the extra in separate containers for lunch with chicken, fish, or veggies for work lunches.

Drain and rinse the black beans.  Put them in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat.  Careful not to let them burn to the bottom of the pan. 


Put ¾ tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet with the garlic and brown slightly.  Then add as much spinach as you want. Cook the spinach until it is slightly wilting.  Add additional olive oil as necessary.  Then add a splash of lemon juice.



Mix it all together.  Serve.  


I served mine topped with a sliced tomato.


Bond added some salsa to his.  This would also be great with a bit of grated cheese.


What are your favorite go to ingredients?



0 comments:

Post a Comment