CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, June 6, 2011

Does this mean I'm old?

So our washing machine died. Honestly, I am surprised how long it lasted. It was given to us by Bond's parents when we graduated from law school 3 years ago and had recently started dancing all over the laundry room when I ran it.  So Bond and I ventured in to the world of home appliances.

We chose to buy at Sears because I opened a Sears card when I bought my elliptical there a couple of years ago and that allows 12 months no interest on this type of purchase.  Then we just kept an eye on the weekly ads until Sears had a good sale.

When we got to the store it was pretty overwhelming.  There are so many models to choose from.  One thing that surprised me was that only about 4 models of washing machines had spindles.  The rest were spindle free, even the top loaders.  We had not initially planned on getting one with no spindle, but they are also high efficiency, using less water to wash a full load of clothes.

Once we chose to get a high efficiency washer it was an easy choice to get matching dryer.  The dryer is my favorite part because it has a sensor that detects how wet the clothes are and adjust to dry them.  Meaning I do not have to remember to check the dryer and restart it multiple times to dry one load.  every time the dryer is done the clothes are dry!


They have really cool electronic controls too!



By the end of the experience I felt really old, because I was so excited to get them delivered so I could do laundry.  If the highlight of you shopping is now the purchase of household appliances does it mean you are old??

0 comments:

Post a Comment