CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Baby Vincent Size Tracker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weekend Waffles

Happy Saturday!  Bond and I had tough work weeks.  I fully admit Bond's was tougher than mine due to him having several 4 a.m. mornings and an overnight business trip.  By Friday night exhausted didn't really seem to be a strong enough word to describe us.  We had planned on going out to dinner.  Instead we picked up Chili's to go and called it a night early.  So it didn't surprise me that at 6 a.m. this morning I woke up and could not go back to sleep.  I got up quietly so Bond could sleep a bit longer while I got up to let the dogs out.  Then I decided to make a yummy waffle breakfast.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sunflower oil
1/4 cup skim milk
2 egg whites
1/4 cup water



First heat the waffle iron to desired level.  I like level 4 or 5 because they are a little brown but not quite crispy.  Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.


Spray the top and bottom of the heated waffle iron with pam cooking spray.  Pour a half cup of the mixture onto the center of the waffle iron and close.


This makes one pretty perfect waffle...


Continue to spray the waffle iron with Pam in between each waffle and use the remaining mixture.  It makes 2 to 3 waffles @ 170 calories per waffle.


I like to add lite syrup @ 100 calories per 1/4 cup, and some powdered sugar to mine.  And of course I have to have my coffee!



How do you like your weekend waffles?

0 comments:

Post a Comment